Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bulk Update! Sketch sketch sketch

So, there are no finished pieces for this update. All sketches. Though I will readily admit that I should have started these. I got a bit caught up with Student Government stuff this past week and took a day off to go to the best Pot Luck I've ever been to. mmm, food.
You're even going to get to see some color work! Well, sketches. Unfortunately a lot of my color work is in colored pencil and doesn't scan well, so I haven't gotten around to putting that up yet. :(

These are some links to sketches for a piece where I had to chose a friend and do an illustration with them as a famous fictional character. I chose my friend Shannon and she is going to be Little Miss Muffet.
Sketch 1
Sketch 2
And since the final sketch is so little, here is is!


I'll probably do a variation of the last two sketches. I'll crop in closer but I'll show the bowl. I got in a little bit of an "argument" about how the final should look with my professor. I plan on doing it in colored pencil and watercolor. I feel it suits the piece.

The second pair of sketches I have is for a piece that will be on/in scratchboard when finished. We had to sketch for an image that could come from a film noir book titled, If The Cement Shoe Fits.

I was stuck for awhile and friend mentioned I should draw robots, so I did.


Which is nice and fun and all. I doodled some more, and I really like how the bad guys always get their "just deserts" if you will.
So I sketched a car, run down, old, and forgotten in the woods:

I feel that the car will be much more interesting to look at and is more appropriate for scratchboard.

And the final sketch I have is for something in which I need to have a gorilla in an unexpected place. Thus, "Gorilla Unexpected". I need to put in two people, probably children fumbling for money to try and win the Gorilla, but other than that, this sketch got some good feedback and was well liked.

The finished piece with be done in gouache and the gorilla will be done with block print.

Expect all of the finishes next week! That's quite a bit eh?

In the meantime, this gorilla has something to say....

No comments: