Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dream, and My Mom finishes

These are two finished pieces for a class.
This first we had to pick someone we cared about, and incorporate three things that help explain why we care about them and do it all in stipple!

This is my mom. She's pretty awesome.

Coffee, PJs, and a Cat- November 2007
Black Prismacolor Microns

And two details, since, well, there's a lot of detail!



And for this next piece we had to illustrate a dream or nightmare we have had with black and white acrylic.
This was a woman I found in a room in an abandoned hospital in one of my dreams(note, NOT a nightmare).
Creepy, I know. But fun to paint! there are several things in this one I plan to fix.


Belly Button Window- November 2007
Black and White Acrylic
and a detail...



Tomorrow I'm walking across Boston taking photos and sketching for Degree Project, so there should be a lot of those up shortly.
Stayed tuned!

1 comment:

Leonard Dente said...

I like your stipples. Is that a knit blanket under her left hand? The texture looks great reduced, in fact stipple can look pretty rad when its reduced or seen from a distance. I like how the hands seem disproportionate, perhaps because of the piece's shallow depth the hands appear larger than perspective would allow. But I love clever defiance of perspective, and I think you pulled it off here.