Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Degree Project

I finally scanned Degree Project images!
My project is based on travel, in all of it's forms. Overall it is mostly based on everyday travel, or day trips. To be even more specific I want to focus on the people at these places rather than the places themselves. I want to try to convey the feeling and essence of each piece and the spirit of traveling with friends, whether to school, work or on a more extensive trip.

My first piece is a collage of pictures from Rockport, Ma with my roomate and friend Pat, and from Marblehead, Ma with my other best friend Caitlin. It's in probably my favorite medium ever, colored pencil.

Rockport and Marblehead, MA- Colored Pencil
September 2007


This next piece is of a man who carves decoy birds which are definitely more art pieces in and of themselves. I've been to the Wellfleet Oyster Festival two years in a row and he's been there both times. He was wonderful.

Wellfleet Oyster Fest, MA- Watercolor and Colored Pencil
October 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love how the hues of different shades worked... thanks for posting these drawings you made :)