Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 28

So it's the last day of February. I wanted to do a more finished piece for the last day, but I suppose I just sketched all day. The ones in blue pen are from wrk while waiting to get tables, the rest I did while watching Young Victoria.




So I need to come up with a new challenge or I want to continue this one. The only problem with this challenge is I feel rushed sometimes so I draw a quick new sketch instead of making a more time intensive and ambitious piece. I'm going to think about it for a bit, and then by the end of the week I'll come up with something new to do. I'd like to start working on my comic.

Overall, this helped me enjoy drawing again, for the first time in several years. For a long time I was drawing but uninspired and not enjoying it. Even when I was in Art school. I think I was pushed in a direction I didn't enjoy, and I should have stuck to my guns and did what I liked, even if I needed to get better at it. My more stylized work doesn't come as naturally, but I like it more. And that's what matters.

No comments: