Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 10.2

Couldn't not draw again... oops.
When I was in High School ages ago, we had to do at least one self portrait a class. It was required regardless which art teacher you had. They always said that it's the best way to see how much you've progressed as an artist. You can't really argue that the reference was bad, or that you don't have an image of the reference for the class to see. It's been.... eh.... 3 years since my last real self portrait? So I had the boyfriend take a picture, put the timer on one hour, and whipped out the charcoal.

2 comments:

Laura said...

nice! I haven't done one of those in ages either, nor used charcoal since freshman year or so. It's too dirty for me! but this looks awesome.

Patrick said...

Aww this came out BEAUTIFULLY!!! Nice job. I think your project has inspired me to get back on the horse.